Working with Python Shell Not working

I’ve tried to print “Happy birthday” to the console in every reasonable way possible. even swapping out for lower case and upper case.

• print(’“Happy birthday”’)
  • print(“Happy birthday”)
  • print(‘Happy birthday’)
  • “Happy birthday”
  • etc

Does anyone have any ideas of what I’m doing wrong?
Or is it just the base code they are using.
Thanks for the help

Hey @NewUser10! Would you mind posting the share URL for your project?

Hmm, that URL doesn’t seem to be working. It’s directing back to Next Tech’s home page. The Share URL for your project can be found by clicking the “Share” icon in the left sidebar.

Sorry about that I clicked share referral token check mark before. That might have been the problem. I double checked the URL and this one works for sure.

Thank you for your help Lorraine

No worries! What is the error message you are receiving? Are you attempting to print “Happy birthday” before you open a Python shell by typing python?

Not each time but yes I’m in the python shell. I was able to complete the other two sub-exercises without any issues.

I’m not getting any error message from the terminal the program doesn’t seem to recognize that I have completed the exercise. It’s printing like you would expect it to in the terminal.

Here is the Screenshot you asked for. Thank you again for all your help.

If you click the > next to the task to expand the task feedback, what is the feedback you are receiving?

E.g. this is what I see: